Want to learn how to sew, Daniél style? Here are a few tips:
1. Patterns are for sissies. Eyeball it. If it doesn’t work out, you can always start again from scratch…unless you run out of fabric, then you’re screwed.
2. Your seam ripper is your best friend. Try not to watch tv while using it.
3. If you drop a pin or needle, feel free to finish what you’re doing before you pick it up. It’ll turn up sooner or later.
4. Measure twice, cut once? That’s for your grandmother. When you do it my way, you measure once, cut…twice.
5. And finally, it’s not necessary to finish one project before moving onto the next. You’ll almost certainly get back to those unfinished projects sometime.
My husband can corroborate that I don’t just follow the above steps, I live by them. That’s right. I’m a rockstar.